Applications are invited from researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities for the TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) that will provide a unique opportunity for transformation of ideas into market-driven solutions.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of the areas of focus, will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research | DETAILS
TETFAIR is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND that provides a unique opportunity for practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja
- Practical training sessions.
- All expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase innovations to relevant potential design partners/strategic partners/investors (local and foreign).
To be eligible for the TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research 2023, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product. Ideally, your team should include:
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development. Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research 2023 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2022