~ PEO International Peace Scholarship ~
PEO International is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their PEO International Peace Scholarship. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About PEO International Peace Scholarship
P.E.O. was founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa.
This circle of kindred spirits – bonded by their enthusiasm for women’s opportunities – eventually expanded to include women off campus as well.
Through membership, the P.E.O. Sisterhood has brought together more than a half a million women in the United States and Canada who are passionate about helping women advance through education, while supporting and motivating them.
Aim and Benefits of PEO International Peace Scholarship
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
Requirements for Scholarship
To be eligible for PEO International Peace Scholarship for International Women Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
1. The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
With the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
2. In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
3. Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
4. International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
5. A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
6. Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
September 15, 2022