~ PhD Scholarships in Data Science ~
Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their PhD Scholarships in Data Science. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About Quantum Leap Africa (QLA)
Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) was created by the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) to catalyze top quality high impact research in data science and smart systems engineering and drive the future IT revolution through quantum information.
It is also mandated to train the next generation of innovators in information science and technology. AIMS currently has scientific centres of excellence in South Africa, Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
Aim and Benefits of PhD Scholarships in Data Science
1. Successful candidates will each benefit from the financial support of up to $19 390 per annum for the three-year duration of their research study.
2. Funding is also available for conferences and international scientific events. The term can be renewed based on satisfactory progress.
3. Students would preferably be based at QLA in Rwanda and could be affiliated to any of the AIMS Research Centres and spend time in other international partner universities or research centres.
4. Beneficiaries may also be affiliated with any recognized institution of higher learning in the same country as the AIMS Research Center.
Requirements for PhD Scholarships in Data Science
1. Applicants can be from any country.
2. Applicants must hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
3. Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
4. Knowledge of mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
5. Applicants must be open-minded and must conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Center, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
June 13, 2022