~ Deirdre Jordan Village Rural Scholarship ~
Flinders University is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their Deirdre Jordan Village Rural Scholarship. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia.
Founded in 1966, it was named in honour of navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and ranks in the 10-16 bracket in Australia and 36th in the world of those established less than 50 years
Benefits of Deirdre Jordan Village Rural Scholarship
Subject to the availability of funds, there will be one annual scholarship valued at $1,000, which will be credited to the recipient’s Accommodation Fee account at Flinders Living.
Requirements for Deirdre Jordan Village Rural Scholarship
1. Be permanent residents of rural Australia; and
2. Normally reside outside of the Adelaide metropolitan area and the metropolitan areas of other major Australian cities (as defined by the Australian Bureau of Statistics Local Council areas); and
3. Have previously lived in the Deirdre Jordan Village for a period of not less than one semester; and
4. Be residing at the Deirdre Jordan Village for the duration of the academic year in which the award is made; and
5. Be enrolled full time in an undergraduate course of study at Flinders University; and
6. Be able to show financial hardship.
Selection Process for Scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need and academic merit. Selection will be made in accordance with procedures approved by the Director, Student Administration and systems.
August 5, 2022